Careers – Senior Archivist
Seeking Professional Archivists & Senior Archivists
The Senior Archivist reports to the Director of Archival Services.
This position is located in Suwanee, GA (just north of Atlanta).
From processing and cataloging to research and reference, digital asset management to historical programming, creating experiences to new revenue streams, Heritage Werks is a full-service archival company focused on doing great work for an incredible roster of clients. Major corporations, sports and entertainment properties, fashion/luxury brands, non-profit organizations and highly accomplished industry leaders, celebrities, athletes and artists entrust Heritage Werks to safeguard and activate their archives.
Heritage Werks is looking for professional archivists to join our growing team dedicated to the preservation, access and use of archives and heritage. Ideal candidates must be comfortable providing archival recommendations to clients in a consultative environment.
Archival duties may include assessments, organizing and arranging large amounts of content, descriptive cataloging, preservation, writing finding aids, creating inventories, and curating assets for digitization. Curiosity, attention to detail, and the ability to work efficiently and attentively to meet project deadlines within a team environment is necessary.
We are looking for archivists with a positive outlook, great client service skills and the desire to advance their careers by being part of a forward-thinking archival team pioneering smart, innovative, and value-driven solutions. Other relevant attributes include:
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, performance-driven with ability to meet project deadlines
- Commitment to working independently, efficiently, cross-functionally and in teams
- Proficient in using technology including DAMs, databases and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to think strategically
|Requirement||Archivist Role||Senior Archivist Role|
|Years of Experience||3 – 5 Years||5+ Years|
|Ability to Lift / Shift Up to 40 lbs.||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to Travel, When Needed||Yes||Yes|
|MA in History; MLIS or MHP (all with Cataloging and/or Archives Specialization)||Yes||Yes|
|Team Management; Reporting||No||Yes|
Culture, Benefits & Perks:
- Heritage Werks employs interesting, creative, welcoming, passionate, kind and curious people. Our environment supports and embraces a wonderful culture where many of our employees have developed lifelong friendships and work with their best friends.
- Heritage Werks invests in our people. We start with a structured onboarding process and provide ongoing learning and development opportunities through mentorship, continuing education, annual goal setting and exposure to a variety of hands-on learning opportunities including collection relocation, digitization, digital asset management, disaster preparedness and response. Archivists have an opportunity to work with a variety of collections across many industries and often aligned to personal interests.
- Heritage Werks provides a great work environment in a state-of-the art archival facility, including ergonomic workspaces, collaboration areas, indoor / outdoor eating areas, a mother’s room and much more – all in a beautiful park-like setting.
- Heritage Werks understands that great benefits, a sense of community and work life balance are core to our success. We provide a robust benefits package including heath, dental, vision, short-and-long-term disability, life insurance, a 401k program with company contribution, generous paid time off (PTO) package, paid holidays and a winter break where our employees can disconnect and enjoy family time at the end of the year. Plus, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate in our peer-to-peer recognition and awards program, outings and events, birthday and anniversary celebrations, catered lunches and more!
- Heritage Werks offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. A relocation package is available.
Ideal candidates should submit a resume and cover letter offering examples of the following core competencies from their prior experience:
- Client Service Focus
- Company Goal-Oriented
- Focus on Quality
- Result-Oriented/Ability to Meet Deadlines
If you are interested in this position, apply here: https://apply.workable.com/heritage-werks-inc/.
Heritage Werks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.